Saturday, November 5, 2016

Vegan winter teas are a 'cool' surprise

By Giselle Wedemire

The last time I wrote about DavidsTea's seasonal teas, I was peeved at the lack of vegan-friendly options available. I was at the point where I was considering boycotting the store because it seems like it's been such an extreme uphill battle for me to find readily available limited edition teas that don't contain bits of shellac or dairy in them. But (for now), that's changed.

On Nov. 2, DavidsTea unveiled their winter tea lineup and, to say the least, I was floored.

Screenshot via DavidsTea.com





True to form, the teal tea trader has released five seasonally appropriate blends that might either intrigue or intimidate customers. But what's newsworthy about this winter's lineup is the fact that every single one of these teas are vegan*. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE!



Not only is that a huge personal victory for all vegans and lactose intolerant tea-lovers, but it also makes DavidsTea's winter-themed tea gift packs a way more inclusive (and more cost-effective) way to spread the love with vegan friends and/or sample these five blends before committing to a full-sized tin of the tea of your choice.

And while I'm a bit confused about the concept of making an established hot beverage like cider into another type of hot drink (tea), I'm intrigued by the Sweet Almond Green and Coffee Cake blends. What winter teas are you going to try out for yourself? Are you as pumped for all of these vegan teas as I am? Let me know!

* The Chocolate Covered Almond tea, which lists "natural and artificial chocolate and almond-cream flavouring" as one of its ingredients, is a grey area. I'm not sure if these flavourings are animal-derived, but I have contacted DavidsTea and will update if I hear anything to the contrary.

1 comment:

  1. I am going shopping in two days and will definetly make these. I have a big muffin pan though. I enjoy low carb foods.Thanx for posting this !! Delete Skype Account Watch Cartoons Online Sports Streaming Sites Movie Streaming Sites Speed Dating Questions

    ReplyDelete