Thursday, June 30, 2016

Summery iced teas to help you keep your cool

By Giselle Wedemire

Summer is here which, for some, means it's time for SPF, vacations, and sandy beaches. Or, if you're like me, you soak up the summer heat by donning your favourite/only oversized floppy sun hat, fixing yourself a cold drink,  and parking yourself on your porch for a bit of outdoor reading.

While some may reach for iced tea on hot days, I'm really more of an iced coffee kind of girl. (I like to mix my iced coffees with a splash of soy milk, a squeeze of agave nectar, and a handful of ice cubes, and then BAM, I've got myself a kickass porch-reading, sun-tanning drink!)

Shout-out to Brian K. Vaughan for the amazing-ness that is volume 1 of Paper Girls.
Not only is it super badass, it's also perfect for outdoor summer reading,
as pictured above with my amazing ice coffee and my hella cute pedicure.


But if you're of the iced tea persuasion, there a few new vegan options at DavidsTea you might want to scope out. At the time of writing, DavidsTea has two summery tea collections on offer: their Summer Collection and the Boardwalk Collection










All five of the limited edition summer iced teas are vegan, and of the eight Boardwalk teas, six are suitable for us Picky Bitchez. (Sarcastic shout-out to the added honey and milk in those last two teas. Seriously, why does DavidsTea add milk to some of their loose teas? It makes no sense to me!)

This means that, should the mood strike you to make some refreshing-as-hell iced tea to quench your thirst and help your trashy summer romance novels and comic books go down easier, DavidsTea has got your back.

Speaking of iced teas, I've heard that their iced tea press has a bit of a design flaw, as observed by my good friend Sarah



I'm not sure if this is a universal flaw with that product or if Sarah happened to buy a lemon of an iced tea press, but it's something to look into if you're on the market for that kind of thing. And if all else fails, you can always make iced tea the old fashioned way! 

Do you prefer iced tea, or iced coffee? Are you reading any comics or graphic novels this summer? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment