Sunday, January 17, 2016

YYC represented in VegNews magazine!

By Giselle Wedemire

Hey, friends! I have great news to share with you all: my writing was featured in the January/February 2016 issue of VegNews! This is a dream come true for me because VegNews is one of my favourite magazines, and I totally cried when I received an email from them saying that they loved my pitch and that they wanted me to write about how easy it is to be vegan in Calgary. 

This GIF is a pretty accurate depiction of what my reaction was like when I receive that email:


I'm not too proud to admit that I totally cried when I heard
that my pitch to write for VegNews was accepted.
GIF via Giphy.com

Anyway! If you're interested in learning about all of the great vegan hotspots in Calgary -- or you're just interested in supporting a fellow Picky Bitch -- please do me a favour and pick up the copy of VegNews that looks like this:

I've had good luck finding copies of VegNews in Calgary at various Superstore and
Chapters/Indigo stores, as well as Community Natural Foods.

Once you do get your hands on this gorgeous publication, please flip to pages 62 and 63 to find my article some of the amazing vegan fare available to us in Cowtown.

I am honoured and humbled to have been able to write for such a great publication that I admire and enjoy, and I sincerely hope you enjoy this issue half as much as I enjoyed writing for it.

Have you had a chance to read this month's issue of VegNews? What did you think? Where do you have the best luck finding VegNews in Calgary? Let me know by commenting below, or by tweeting me at @PickyBitchez.

No comments:

Post a Comment